Erin Mills Optimum Health is now open for all patients, with Updated Health and Safety procedures in place.

Torticollis Spasm Twisted Neck help chiropractic

Posted By On 02 Jun 2016

Torticollis – Spasmed and Twisted Neck

 What is torticollis?

Torticollis is when the neck is “stuck” in position that prevents a person, often a child or infant, from moving.  The neck is typically stuck in a tilted and slightly turned position, but can be stuck in many different positions.

What is done to help torticollis neck?

In the past, medical efforts were done to surgically cut the muscles.  Fortunately now chiropractors can specifically align the shifted bone in the neck without surgery.  By addressing the shifted bone, it can assist the spasms in the neck muscles.  By addressing the shifted bone in the neck (the shifted bond in the neck is called a subluxation) it can also “reset” reflexes along the neck which can greatly help the person to improve the condition of their neck.

How do you know if you have torticollis?

Torticollis is quite a dramatic experience for a patient or a family.  It is painful when your neck is stuck in the wrong position, and very scary to not be able to turn your neck.  Your local chiropractor, including us in Mississauga at Erin Mills Optimum Health, can examine your neck to determine what has happened.  Depending on what has happened, x-rays may be necessary.

If you are experiencing torticollis in Mississauga, schedule a Chiropractic exam to see if your case is a chiropractic case.  Contact us

This information and linked articles should be taken for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon for health care advice. Enjoy these testimonials. However, a result for one patient may not be typical of all patients. Our aim is to help you have an excellent experience at our Mississauga office and to help you reach your health goals.

0 Comment
Chiropractic & Wellness Clinic Mississauga
Schedule Your First Visit To Our Clinic
For information or to make an appointment please call our office or submit this form.