Erin Mills Optimum Health is proud to offer New Parent Support in 4 unique forms: Birth Preparation, Well Baby Visits, Well Child Visits and Well Tween/Teen Visits. Please see more information below on what each type of New Parent Support entails.
- Includes education on comfort techniques during labour (breathing, massage, acupressure)
- Helpful dietary considerations for end of pregnancy
- Hypnotherapy to help encourage ideal position for baby for birth (head down vertex position)
- Acupuncture for mom to help encourage cervical dilation and ease into efficient labour
- Acupuncture to help avoid postdates labour
Well Baby Visits
- A new baby is an exciting and wonderful addition to the family. With these changes to family dynamics there certainly will be a steep learning curve.
- There are many ways that we can help with optimizing baby’s growth and development as well as supporting mom in the first year.
- Lactation support
- Checking in on milestones and growth
- Support with food introduction
- Assistance with any skin issues (eczema)
Well Child Visits
- Our office is very child friendly, especially since most of our practitioners have little ones too!
- Here are some of the things that are addresses at Well Child Visits:
- Sleep hygiene
- Child nutrition
- Supporting health
- Back to school essentials
Well Tween/Teen Visits
- Our future leaders! While tweens are growing and developing and trying to carve their path, Naturopathic medicine can be essential in supporting this process. Here are some of the ways:
- Encouraging healthy relationships with self and others.
- Discussion around technology and development of good habits such as ‘unplugging’.
- Encouraging regular movement and exercise
- Sleep hygiene
- Reviewing diet and nutrition
- Optimizing skin health
- Optimizing regular cycles (with the menstrual period)